So, you started a business. Great job! That’s a huge accomplishment and you’re already on your way to success. But now you need to get the word out and let people know that you’ve started said business. Google lets you promote your business for free and there are so many benefits to doing so. In this article, we’ll walk through the benefits of promoting your business on Google and how to do so. Let’s get into it!
Benefits of Promoting Your Business on Google
As we mentioned above, there are plenty of benefits to promoting your business on Google. Here are just a few of those benefits:
- Visibility – Creating a Google Business Profile and promoting your business can help you increase your visibility. You know the first page of a Google search that everybody wants to be on? Well, this is a great way to get there!
- Improve SEO – We’ve discussed the importance of SEO plenty of times before. Promoting your business on Google is a fast and easy way to improve SEO.
- Customer Insight – Using Google to promote your business is a great way to gain insight to your customer base. For instance, you can see how they found your website, and use that information to directly improve your business in many ways.
- Free Website Creator – Once you’ve completed your GBP, you will be able to create a free website. In the age of technology this is a big win! Many other website creation sites charge fees in order to let you create a website, so this is a great way to save money.
- Accurate Information – Lots of times it’s hard to verify whether or not the information being provided about a business is accurate. By creating a GBP, you can ensure that the information being put out on the internet is correct.
How Do I Promote My Business on Google?
A great way to promote your business on Google for free is by writing high quality content that will rank well. This also goes hand in hand with creating content frequently, so that you can continuously rank high on Google. It’s also important that you do keyword research to include relevant keywords in your content, to once again continue ranking high on Google. It’s also a good idea to include backlinks in your content so that you can help increase the likelihood of all of your content pieces ranking high. Backlinking is also helpful when linking back to related topics, because the likelihood of people being interested in those related topics is quite high.
Another great way to promote your business for free is to create a Google Business Profile (GBP). Essentially, GBP lets you have control over how your business’s information appears on Google. This allows you to verify that the information being shared with the public is accurate. While creating a listing in GBP is a great first step, it’s crucial that you completely fill out the listing. This includes adding all of your information, filling out a complete description of your business, adding photos, and encouraging reviews.