This is an onsite position at our office in Nashville, TN.
The Lead Front-End Web Developer is a vital member of our team! In this position, you will be responsible for driving our development approach across client projects and setting, maintaining, and overseeing quality control processes. You will work closely with our design department to bring their user experiences and web designs to life. The right candidate will be comfortable developing websites, contributing to strategic planning, and collaborating with designers. We expect you to be able work autonomously and collaboratively, meet deadlines, and communicate clearly about any hurdles or discoveries during the process.
• Minimum 5 years experience building and launching websites
• Possess the ability to analyze/identify the need for and incorporate various libraries, plugins and frameworks
• Extensive experience building custom WordPress websites–custom themes, plugins and general customizations
• Experience with other CMS’s a big plus!
• Experience building e-commerce websites
• Well-versed in version control
• Familiarity working with UI/UX design tools like Photoshop & Sketch
• Ability to manage multiple large projects and prioritize tasks accordingly
• Diligence in problem solving and attention to detail
• Proven track record of coding beautiful, highly-functional websites
• Work with Account and Project Management teams to determine scope of project
• Work with Development team to allocate tasks, collaborate on solutions, and ensure the delivery of a consistently high standard of quality.
• Work with Design team to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, and develop websites built to approved specifications
• Build custom, fully responsive websites based off of provided mock-ups
• Maintain and optimize client websites
• Ensure consistent interpretation of provided designs
• Stay up-to-date on current web standards and emerging technologies
• Competitive Salary
• 99% Company Paid Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Generous PTO, Holiday Time Off and Remote Work Days
• Paid Volunteer Time Off
• Paid Maternity/Paternity/Adoptive Parent Leave
• Short work days (~8am-4pm), with flex option
• Realistic deadlines
• Subscription to Skillshare, online learning platform
• Creative, collaborative work environment
Astute is a woman-owned creative digital marketing agency serving clients across industries with branding, website design and development, SEO, paid media, and social media management services. Founded in 2013 by Anna Stout (pronounced “stoot”), a web designer and developer with a background in business development, the company was built to create harmony between client interests and production realities.
Through collaboration and open communication, we discover new solutions for businesses that directly impact their goals, and provide the playground for our team members to demonstrate their talent, stretch, and grow.
Astute works with funded start-ups and mid-sized companies that are proven in the marketplace to achieve their big “next-step” growth.