The Account Manager functions as a client facing point of contact, specifically to ensure that the client is satisfied with work being completed by the agency. They also represent the client in internal meetings, to be sure that the client’s interests are served and expectations are communicated clearly. This position is responsible for delivering good and bad news to the clients and for answering their questions. The account manager will work closely with project management to make sure that clients are receiving work that meets or exceeds expectations in a timely manner. They will also work closely with senior leadership on transitioning new business to active accounts.
The account manager is responsible for client retention, and for seeking new business opportunities within existing clients relationships. There is no sales requirement associated with this position.
• Write client and creative briefs and make sure there is a common understanding of objectives between the client and the project management/creative services team.
• Communicate client requested deadlines for key tasks
• Ensure that the production staff has all client assets they need to do their work (e.g., the right files, the creative brief, etc)
• Warn the client if a deadline looks like it’s going to slip
• Ensure quality by making sure proofreading and brand reviews are done in a timely fashion (and that enough time is allowed for these things to happen)
• Review interim deliverables before the client sees them to increase the likelihood that they will meet with the client’s approval
• Make sure that the client understands what was done and why it was done (ideally relating what was done back to the creative brief)
• Capture client feedback in a structured manner so that each iteration moves deliverables closer to finalization
• Identify and propose new business opportunities with existing clients
• Prepare reports on account status
• Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
• 3-5 years account management experience in an agency setting
• Ability to manage multiple, large projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline driven environment.
• Must be a clear communicator and team-oriented.
• 4 year degree in Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent industry experience
• Healthcare, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Generous PTO
• Flexible Work Environment
• Subscription to Skillshare, online learning platform
• Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Remote Work Days